Friday, January 29, 2010

Surprise Fridays #2 - 3D Technique


I am LOVING this and seriously, once I wrapped my little scrappy brain around this, this is a 10 minute card for me! But I thought I'd use this for my Friday surprise post instead.

Isn't this just fabulous? I mean, really, this is fabulous. And the Upsy Daisy set is truly one of my all time favourites. I reach for it all the time and have to stop myself. It is a very easy technique that makes your Stamp-a-ma-jig your friend. Even with the Clear Mount stamps, I still think I'd use the Stamp-a-ma-jib as you are trying to just be slightly off.


Instructions:

1. Pick a cardstock colour and pull the same colour ink, white and versamark (versamark is optional but really I think it makes it).
2. Stamp your image on the cardstock in white ink. Clean stamp and ink up with the same colour stamp.
3. Using your Stamp-a-ma-jig, position your image just slightly off (down the left or up to right, I did down to the left). Stamp with the same colour ink. Clean stamp and ink up with Versamark.
4. Using your Stamp-a-ma-jig, again, position your image just slightly off again (off the same colour ink) and stamp your image.
5. NOW, your image looks like it is popping off the page, 3D!

Let me know if you'd like images, and I can take pictures of the process step-by-step. (leave me a comment, I love to see them!)

Take some time to do something scrappy today!

Jen

No comments: