Wednesday, February 3, 2010

10 Minute Card Wednesday - #3

Here's my third installment of the 10 minute card. I did this card entirely with scraps!

  1. Cover 5x4 card blank with red cardstock. Cut white mat to 4.5 x 3.5 and adhere to red.
  2. Cut strip of scrap patterned paper to 5" wide and approx 1.5-2" high. Using contrasting pp, cut strip to 5" wide and approx 1" higher than previous strip. Using edge punch for bottom edge. Adhere together allowing contrasting pp to show at top and bottom.
  3. Adhere scrap ribbon to pp with left edge cut at an angle.
  4. Using red and white cardstock, punch out a large and small tag. Using marker, add "dots" all along edge of white tag and stamp with greeting. Adhere together, punch hole in top and thread with hemp twine (or ribbon).
  5. Adhere tag to card with dimensionals and add buttons or other embellishments to bottom.
  6. Done! I timed myself at 8 minutes start to finish and I had to restamp my tag as I rocked it a bit :)

Take the time to do something scrappy today! Jen
**EDIT** Well holy cow! Apparently this was REALLY inspired by Andrea Walford's post yesterday. I always do my fav blog surfing during my afternoon coffee break but hadn't even saved the picture. I just sat down last night and whipped out the card. I guess I liked it so much it was burned into my brain. But I always say, give credit where credit is due!! So see her cards here: www.andreawalford.com. She is fabulous and I love visiting her blog (link is on my blog list too!)

No comments: