Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Summer of Colour

Morning all.  I have been watching Lilith Eeckel's Summer Video series since July and playing along to most (I'm still bit stumped on #3 & #4!!) and forgot to post any of them.  So I will share them here with you today and link them all up.  I only have a short bit to get the rest done so hope I get some scrappy inspiration :)

Video #1 - Summer colours, making them work
I used lots of the Pier collection from Crate Paper which was my ALL TIME FAV summer collection this year.  I was sort of hoarding it so... I did it!! I used it :)

Video #2 - Pick 2 colours with a neutral.  I find I do this alot but this one fits the bill well.
This is Elle's Studio paper with some of my own stash.  I left the branding strip on the bottom and cut off the top as I thought it was a good match to all the colour in the background of the photo.

Video #5 - 2 main colours with accents.  This was a stretch for me and I LOVE being challenged.  I wasn't sure about it at ALL when I was finished but... I really like it now.
Mainly the blue and yellow which I drew from the pictures with a few accents of the red and pink.  My inspiration for this layout was HERE

Video #6 - Ombre!  I created this layout of my niece using yellowy-cream thru to darker pink and love how soft and pretty it is!


Video #7 - Mix colour with black.  I did this rainbow of colour and wanted a bit long title so mixed all my black Thickers and they really popped on all that colour underneath.





2 comments:

Lilith Eeckels said...

So glad you played along. I love each and everyone of them.

Jen said...

Thanks Lilith!! I really enjoyed your videos! Every morning this summer I would settle into my front porch chairs with my coffee and check to see if there was a new one! Thank you for all the inspiration!!