Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Sketch to Scrapbook Page - Jan 4, 2014

Wanted to play along with Shimelle's Sketch to Scrapbook page again this year and try and stay on top of them :)  I find I'm very inspired by her sketches as the focus is on the photos, just how I like it.  Try as I may, I prefer clean lines and fairly simple embellishments rather than piling it all on.

Here is her sketch:

scrapbooking sketch by shimelle laine @ shimelle.com

Here is my layout:





















2014 goal is to VASTLY improve the quality of my layout photos.  My iPhone just isn't working well now so I think I need to do a bit of research on a DIY light box and a stand for my DSLR!

Jen

4 comments:

Claire said...

Looks good!

Anna said...

I thought your take on this layout is so beautiful and echoes the sunset perfectly!

Scrapfaire said...

Love those colors! Great job with the sketch!

Becky said...

Lovely layout - really sets off the photo beautifully.