Thursday, May 7, 2015

National Scrapbook Weekend

Well, this past weekend was AWESOME and I found I wanted to play everywhere and just couldn't. So I mostly used the challenges over at Hip Kit FB forum and with some inspiration from Pinkfresh Studio's challenges (which I had hoped to do more of, maybe still might make it as I have til Saturday).  I also was playing along with the super fun ladies at Victoria Marie FB group in the challenge to get 10 layouts done over the weekend.  I managed to get 8 layouts done in all:

This layout was inspired by a challenge to use dimension in your layout but also a Pinkfresh challenge of using gold, aqua and pink.  That background paper was my starting point.

This challenge was an idea I got when I saw a challenge on the PinkFresh/Winnie & Walter NSD to make your own background. I used watercolours to mimic the water in this AMAZING photo.


This layout is pretty simple and was a symmetrical challenge, how do you translate symmetry? For me it was using the colours in the photos in the background and ensuring when a colour was not present that I added it (ie yellow and blue to the green pp).

This was a black and white challenge. To use a B&W photo and ONLY neutral embellishments and then a hit of colour.  I love it. I did the background with a stencil and some citron Color Shine.

This was my OLW for Apr and a balanced challenge.


This was a pastel colour challenge.

This challenge was to use just one colour to add contract to a B&W layout.

Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments: